Our First Licensed T-Shirt Design Contest
**********SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW OVER**********
The chosen winners have been contacted. The designs are now in the lengthy process of being submitted and approved by Disney and Cartoon Network. Because this involves much back and forth between multiple agents, this process can take a significant amount of time. Any updates will be posted here and via Twitter and we hope to have the new designs available as soon as possible!
You can view all the designs submitted during the contest at the links below
Here at TheMysteryShack, there’s a lot of tourists looking to part with their money. These simpletons love t-shirts. So we want to make more t-shirts and give them to them. For money, of course! Submit your best Gravity Falls or Steven Universe shirt design for a chance to have it be made into a licensed product and see it sold across the entire web world wide.
1. Include a high resolution version of your artwork. Files accepted include: .ai, .psd, .jpg, .png
2. Attach the sample shirt design used for voting as a jpg file. If you want to be specific, you can choose the specific color you’d want the shirt to be on. You can also further specify certain design elements be certain sizes, i.e. “the design is 6” across the upper chest"
3. No foul language, obsessive violence, gore, etc. These are children’s shows and the companies will have final approval.
4. No Crossovers. Each design picked is submitted to their respective networks.
5. Include your name (or how you wish to be referred to as) when submitting your artwork to receive proper attribution.
6. Artwork should be designed for a surface area of 15" to 19" at 300 DPI. This is considered the printable surface area of a typical t-shirt.
Email to email@example.com with your submission!
1. Submit whatever you want. It can be well placed stock art or something totally original. Keep in mind that Disney/CN will be approving these so try not to submit anything that you know wouldn’t fly on the show. Subversive designs might sneak by them so put on those thinking caps!
2. You must be the artist for any original art submitted or have written permission from the artist to submit. You can submit stock art with added words or phrases.
3. Entries can be submitted until April 30th, 2017. Entries will be divided based on the show it’s from.
4. Winners will be chose in multiple stages TBD. Polls will be used to narrow down potential candidates. There is no limit to the amount of winners.
5. Open to anyone anywhere in the world.
1. Several winners will be chosen. Each selected winner of a design chosen to be submitted for licensee approval will receive a monetary reward of $100 USD.
2. Winners with designs accepted by Disney and CN and made into a shirt will also receive a commission for each shirt sold for the first 6 months of availability.
3. Winners with shirts approved and produced will also receive one shirt of their design in an adult unisex size of their choosing.
4. All selected design winners will also receive small gift packages containing merchandise from either Gravity Falls or Steven Universe.
Things to Keep in Mind
1. Treat your design as if it’s on a adult small sized shirt when specifying sizing and placement.
2. Submit a design that works as a shirt. This is important! Taking a poster type of artwork and slapping it on a shirt is lazy, even if some big companies in malls do it.
3. Submitting a design does not guarantee your design will be made into a shirt. Being chosen as a winning design does not guarantee your design will be made into a shirt. Disney and Cartoon Network have final say.